Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MSIDOC - What's the point?

Welcome to the Doc Evenhouse at MSI  blog.  My goal is to share my experience with you.  This blog will cover issues of emergency medical care, life saving skills, new technology, adult training and education and protective equipment.

My background in these issues stems from my former career as a board certified emergency physician, a flight physician, and SWAT doc.   I am now primarily a businessman with a passion for helping people get the best for their health and safety.   I work with the best people in tactical medicine and combat medicine.  I get to see the latest information and research on life saving technology and I want to share it with you.

A couple of disclaimers before we start:

1. I own a business that sells some of the gear, technology and training I will discuss.  Why?   Because we see the best of lots of things and my partner and I want to make it easy for folks to get good gear and training for themselves.  Our company strives to deliver the best.

2. I am not an expert in all things.  I will be clear when I am speaking from my experience and when I am merely an interested party. I will point out interesting issues and provide background when appropriate.

3. I am passionate about getting the best of the medical world out into the hands of people who need it.  Mainstream medicine likes to keep a lid on its methods.  In some cases for good reason.   I will be responsible when discussing medical issues.

4. I will not give personal clinical medical advice.  Nothing can substitute for one on one personal interaction with a trained clinician.  If you have a medical problem - seek the attention of a qualified medical person.  Don't ever treat yourself based on the advice of an internet website.

With that, I hope to be of service.

Thanks,

Matt

1 comment: